Established in 1989, the St. Joseph County Parks Foundation
is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization with the purpose of assisting the St.
Joseph County Park Board in land acquisition, facility and program enhancements,
greenways connections and stewardship of natural and cultural resources. Through
your donations, we are able to care for and enhance the investment in our County
Click here for a printable brochure.
With your donation of $30 or more you become a member of the St. Joseph County Parks Foundation / Friends of St. Joseph County Parks.
$30 - Individual/Family Annual
$100 - Park Supporter/Organization Annual
$500 - Park Booster Annual
$1000 or more - Individual Benefactor or Corporation Annual
Mail your name and check (payable to the St. Joseph County
Parks Foundation) to:
St. Joseph County Parks Foundation
50651 Laurel Road
South Bend, IN 46637-1004
Click here for a printable Membership Form
- Annual St. Joseph County Parks entry pass
- Semi-annual Parks Foundation newsletter (get updates on
projects and plans)
- Quarterly mailing of the St. Joseph County Parks Activity Guide
(have early access to program registrations
- An invitation to the annual membership meeting/cookout of the Parks
Celebrating 75 Years!
& Preserve the Historic Studebaker Trees.
A half-mile long and now 75 years old,
the tree sign spelling “Studebaker” is listed on the
National Register of Historic Places.
The St. Joseph County Parks Department and St. Joseph
County Parks Foundation were recently awarded a Challenge
Grant from the Jeffris Family Foundation for the restoration
and preservation of the historic Studebaker tree sign.
We must raise twice the amount of the grant in order to
secure the funds.
Sponsorship of individual letters in the sign is available
for $2,000 per letter. Signs displaying the name/logo
of the donor will be installed by each sponsored letter.
Donations of any amount are also being accepted toward the
funds needed for the restoration and maintenance of the
For more information on sponsoring a letter or sending a
donation, use the from below, or to donate online, click
the donate button below.
Donation form for the Studebaker Tree Sign Restoration
David Fischgrund- President
David Deahl- Vice-President
Marge Riemenschneider- Secretary
Michelle Kite- Treasurer
- 2014 - Received grant from Bike Michiana Coalition for LaSalle Trail
- 2013 - Received grants/donations for the Studebaker Tree sign management work
- 2013 - Dedicated the Pfeil Pavilion at St. Patricks’ County Park
- 2013 - Received habitat improvement grant for Bendix Woods
- 2013 - Facilitated a grant to upgrade computer software
- 2012 - Received donations for the Pfeil Pavilion and Courtyard project at St. Patrick’s County Park
- 2012 - Received habitat improvement grant for Bendix Woods
- 2011 - Received grant to fund management plan for Studebaker
tree sign at Bendix Woods County Park
- 2011 - Received grant to fund floating dock for education
programs at Spicer Lake Nature Preserve
- 2011 - Dedicated the restored Visible Fry gas pump at St.
Patrick’s County Park
- 2011 - Funded dock restoration at Ferrettie-Baugo Creek County
- 2010 - Assisted with the funding and dedication of the Goodhew Gazebo
- 2010 - Provided the local match for Baugo Creek stabilization project
- 2010 - Sponsored BioBlitz and Sugar Camp Days activities
- 2009 - Facilitated a grant to upgrade department-wide computer software
- 2009 - Commenced the Howard Goodhew Memorial Fund to finance construction of the Goodhew Gazebo
- 2009 - Facilitated fundraising for painting the Red Barn
- 2008 - Sponsored BioBlitz and Sugar Camp Days activities
- 2008 - Received grants and provided match money for native plantings at Bendix Woods
- 2008 - Funded research and concept development for Spicer Lake Visitor Center exhibits
- 2007 - Assisted with the Jaffe Shelter dedication at the
playground at St. Patrick’s County Park
- 2007 - Purchased new seating for the Visitor’s Center at Spicer
Lake Nature Preserve
- 2007 - Facilitated a grant to upgrade department-wide computer
- 2007 - Assisted with the acquisition of 100 acres adjacent to
St. Patrick’s County Park
- 2006 - Assisted in raising funds for new barn-themed
playground structure at St. Patrick's County Park.
- 2005 - Assistance with the acquisition of 75 acres adjacent
to Spicer Lake Nature Preserve