- Parks & Recreation
- Programs & Events
- Nature & History
- Photography Contest
Life through the Lens
Want to see your photography on the cover of our seasonal Activity Guide? Photograph through the seasons and capture the beauty of your local county parks for the 2022 St. Joseph County Parks Annual Life through the Lens Photography Contest! From leisurely smartphone snapshots to professional level works of art, participants of all levels are welcome to submit their photographs.
Photo Contest Categories:
- Please include your name, email address, phone number, and the name of the park location where the photograph was taken.
- Electronic file names must include entrant's first initial, last name, category, and number of submission. Ex. JDoeSummer1.jpg
- Photographs that are low quality or low resolution may not be considered when selecting winners.
2021 Contest Winners
Rules and Guidelines:
All photographs must be taken on property owned or co-managed by St. Joseph County Parks. These properties include:
- Bendix Woods County Park
- Beverly D. Crone Restoration Area
- Chamberlain Lake Nature Preserve
- Ferrettie/Baugo Creek County Park
- LaSalle Trail
- Spicer Lake Nature Preserve
- St. Patrick's County Park
- Photos should be original work of the contestant and never have been subject of a copyright or previously published.
- Photos with a watermark will not be considered.
- You may submit up to 3 photographs per category.
- Parks staff reserve the right to reject photographs deemed inappropriate.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Each participant confirms that persons pictured in the photograph have given their permission to be included in the contest and for the use of their image in future publications. If participants do not grant permission for their photo to be used in future publications, do not submit the photograph.
- By submitting an entry, you grant the St. Joseph County Parks permission to use any photographs on their website, social media pages, and/or any other electronic or printed media. Entrants retain ownership and all rights to future use of their photographs. Photographers will be given credit for their photographs in St. Joseph County Parks publications and posts.
Judging and Awards/Prizes
- All photos must be submitted by Friday, December 31, 2022 by 11:59pm.
- Submissions must be sent to Hannah Branchick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A panel of parks staff will review the photographs and pick up to 5 finalists in each category.
- Finalists will be presented on the St. Joseph County Parks social media pages the week of Monday, January 16, 2023.
- The photo with the most likes in each category will be announced Friday, January 27, 2023.
- Top winners in each category will be featured on the cover of the corresponding seasonal Activity Guide and receive a 2023 St. Joseph County Park Annual Pass. The 4 remaining finalists in each category will receive a Seasonal Fun Pass and one daily gate pass!
Celebrate favorite moments and showcase your favorite wildlife image, scenery shot, or family outing while visiting the local county parks. Every picture tells a story; let us help tell yours!