Frequently Asked Questions
- Are electronic devices permitted in the courthouses?
- What if I have evidence on my electronic device that I want to present to the court at trial?
- I do not have a lawyer. How do I sue someone or file something with the court?
- I am a civil defendant, but do not have enough money to hire a lawyer. Can I get a lawyer to represent me for free?
- I am a criminal defendant, but do not have enough money to hire a lawyer. Can I get a lawyer to represent me for free?
- Is there someplace my children can go while I am in or awaiting court?
- When is my next court date?
- Who do I contact to check on the status of a case?
- What do I do if my attorney does not arrive?
- What should I wear to court?
- What if I need a translator?
- Where can I go to get child support records or a payment printout?
- Where do I pay my court fees?
- Where can I review a court file?
- Where do I pick up court forms?
- How do I get a transcript?
- Who do I contact to get a copy of my birth certificate?